Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.6 32 0.5
Perfect Partners for Colour Brilliance
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so excited and thrilled when BB contacted me to be part of the #meandjohnfrieda campaign. When I received the products I could not wait to try the shampoo and conditioner.

As a hair and beauty fanatic, I am always on the lookout for products that can help me with the following issues:
1. Dry hair
2. Retaining colour
3. Volume
4. Better moisture retention

I also recently coloured my hair from black to mahogany and usually my colour only lasts a month or so. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that I am not using the correct shampoo/conditioner combination for coloured hair.

Nevertheless, I have washed and conditioned my hair twice and will do the video review after I have done a third and final wash.

At this point, I need to mention that I have extremely curly/frizzy hair which I often refer to as a 'Frizz Frenzy' or 'Curl Confusion' because of its tendency to tangle after being washed. Thank goodness for my detangler.
I will try to give as much detail as possible in this review and include some before and after pics. (photography skills not that great)

Some info about the products:
I received a luxurious full size brilliant brunette shampoo and conditioner but, there are distinct differences between the two. (you will see this in the pics). The shampoo is a very rich, dark brown colour almost dark chocolate while the conditioner, also rich is a much lighter brown. That is how I could tell them apart without looking at what was written on the tube. 250ml is a very generous size and would usually last me just over a month.

Steps for use and application:
1. I start off my loosening my hair (which is usually in a soft pinned bun) and comb through gently. I find doing that helps with tangles.
2. Gently wet my hair with some water (if I have to measure that I would say about a cup) just to prepare my hair for the shampoo and save water.
3. Squeeze about a handful of shampoo from the tube but this will vary based on the length of your hair. My hair is short so this is just the correct amount.
4. Apply to hair and massage through roots, scalp and ends. Apply a little water to emulsify.
The shampoo has a very rich later and smells great! I savor the cocoa smell which is very distinct!
5. Leave the shampoo on for about a minute. Rinse and apply conditioner. I do not comb it through just use the same massaging technique. Also allow to set for a minute.
6. Finally we rinse. Use an old t-shirt to dry (no towel) and we are ready for styling.

Styling:
As a rule I try and limit the amount of heat I use on my hair by using Velcro rollers instead. Picked them up at Dischem and they are amazing. No fussing with pins, just roll and stick.
Divide hair into sections and roll using Velcro rollers. Allow hair to dry naturally. Only use a hairdryer during the last 30 minutes before removing the rollers.

The results
there is definitely a noticeable difference. The shampoo and conditioner not only enhanced my colour but added volume, texture, softness and easy to manage.
It is not a substantial difference from my normal look however, the distinguishing factor lies in the richness of the colour pigments and my hair smells divine! #ColourBrilliance #SalonWorthyHair

The final verdict:
I think these products speak for themselves. Whenever I pick up a bottle of #meandjohnfrieda shampoo, conditioner or treatment I know I am getting value for money and a product that delivers on it's promise which is beautiful, salon worthy hair.

I do believe that when I run out of stock I will be visiting my local Clicks to pick up another supply and you should too but, don't just take my word for it; try it for yourself. You hair can only go from one level of brilliance to the next!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
HAIR TOOLS.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply