Review Detail

2.9 5 0.5
Nail Polishes March 26, 2013 362
Burst of Colour
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Recently I decided that I needed some new nail polish colours for my manicures and pedicures.

It was not long before I came across the almost gruesomely amazing Inglot counters. They literally had hundreds of different nail polish shades to choose from. It took me over an hour to commit to two shades. At the time I bought them for R89 each.

I do love the fact that Inglot has a huge variety of shades to choose from, and the staff at the counters are always helpful and friendly. They can help you find the shades that will compliment you best. Don’t be shy to ask. There is no point in spending hundreds of rands on cosmetics only to buy shades that are unflattering.

Anyhow, let’s move on to the actual quality of the product.

The product has a relatively moderate consistency. It is thick, not clumpy, and fluid enough to make it easy to apply. Three strokes covered my nail. There was no mess and very little polish that had to be cleaned up around the edges of my nail.

The colour is intense, but like most nail polish you need to apply two coats for the best results. One coat makes your nail polish look streaky, and you do get some ‘see-through’ patches.

It takes about two minutes for each coat to dry. It might not sound like a long wait, but for those who have tried quick drying nail polish, it can be torture. Once dry, however, the polish looks glossy, smooth and bright.

As with most of my manicures and pedicures I apply a see-through base coat, two coats of colour and a protective see-through top coat. I was a bit disappointed that my manicure only lasted two days. I applied it on the Wednesday and by the Saturday I started noticing chips at the tip of my nails. I did not, however, take special precautions with my nails. I washed dishes every day (with gloves) and used my hands and nails as roughly as I usually do in everyday life.

Overall it is a rather average nail polish. If you are looking for a quick drying and/or long lasting nail polish this is not the product to buy. Also, the product does provide any additional fancy care to your nails. No added minerals, vitamins or strengthening and split nail treatments.

However, I will definitely keep buying the product, simply because they have such a huge variety of shades, and the product is not very expensive. A major bonus is that fact that the product is not tested on animals.

M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply