Body Butter
Body Moisturizers October 14, 2013 510
The Body Shop - Honeymania Body Butter 200ml
(Updated: July 09, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Honeymania Body Butter is enriched with the goodness of Community Fair Trade honey, made from the nectar of thousands of wildflowers, and we are so lucky to be getting this exquisite formula in a tub of goodness for only R140 for a 200ml.

The packaging is the typical sturdy round tub that I have come to be familiar with when purchasing Body Butters in the past, but this specific body butter is a deep amber color - the color of honey :)

When I opened my jar, The scent that hit me full on in the face was to die for (to say the least!). It has a rich, heavy and sweet floral like scent. It may be strong, but it is the most wonderful aroma ever. The body butter has a thick, creamy texture, and once applied, just melts into my skin.

I have pretty average skin - I'm lucky in the sense that my skin is not sensitive, and the only thing that makes me swell like a melon is Papaya (so i steer clear of anything with this ingredient in it). This being said, it is really dry, so that is why I love Body Butters from TBS as it always leaves my skin amazing!

I received my Honeymania Body Butter last Thursday, and since then have fell into a happy self pampering routine of applying the body butter after I have had a hot shower or bath as this allows for maximum absorption. My skin is left velvety and soft to the touch. It looks glowingly healthy and is highly moisturized. My over all skin condition has improved drastically as it is no longer dry, and it seems to retain moisture for longer. I apply a bit more in the mornings after my shower and my skin is in tip top condition for the rest of the day.

The scent lingers on my skin long after application and I find that it permeates my clothing or any other fabric i come into contact with (my bedding smells good enough to eat lol) I LOVE THAT IT DOES THIS!! So one word of caution, If you do not like the scent, then this product is not for you.

Side note:
Yesterday I popped into The Body Shop at Canal Walk and have since purchased another Honeymania Body Butter along with the shower gel (Will do a separate review for this) They currently have half price sale on all of their Body Butters including the Honeymania variant, so if you are quick you can pick it up for only R70!!! Their shower gels are usually R90, but if you buy 2 u pay half price for your second one, (yaaay) so I purchased Honeymania and the peach vineyard variation (as well as the body butter) as I find if you layer the scents, it becomes more intense.

Over all, an amazing, wholesome and good quality Body butter from The Body Shop. I would definitely recommend to everyone as this is now officially a firm favorite!

Thank you to The Body Shop and Beauty Bulletin for giving me this awesome opportunity to test this amazing product!

xoxox

SC
Top 50 Reviewer 280 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply