Review Detail

5.0 7 0.5
Hot
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers May 08, 2012 270
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I agree with Candice. Price and value for money makes Glambox the better of the boxes. But one also has to keep in mind what you want. If you want boxes with sample products that you can afford to buy once the sample is finished then Glambox is for you. They also always include at least 1 full sized product which always makes up for the value of the box. Glambox I think is known for their mascaras - they've included many great full sized mascaras in the boxes.

But if you want little once off treats of dream products that you'd never be able to afford or get to experience then Rubybox is it. Lately they have followed suit and included full sized products in the box. March had a set of Incoco Dry nail appliques (valued at R100) followed by a full bottle of Piz Buin SPF30 sun lotion valued at R180.

To me Glossybox is a great middle of the road box - it has reasonably priced goods mixed with luxury products that are rather expensive. They make a habit of including extra little gifts - The first month it was an eye mask and mirror compact; then we got an eye shadow and eye pencils; then a 4 flavour ring and the May box had a beautiful floral scarf. But this box is R30 more than the other boxes. I think that's because of the packaging - the box is exquisite, a beautiful dusty pink colour! I use them to store my nail polishes and makeup. (I'm sure you can even spot the glossybox on my dressing table in the video I did for the beauty Bulletin February Hamper)

The problem I have with receiving 3 boxes a month is that I end up with WAY too many samples and products. I have a whole box filled up with little samples and I just don't get around to trying them all because I have so many other wonderful products. So I do tend to ask myself if it's really worth paying the R330 each month to get all the boxes when I can use that money towards really great face creams and makeup. Even R100 is a good amount of money to put towards an amazing product - like the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge that I've been dying to get (R285).

I still find it VERY difficult to decide which one I prefer.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply