Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.2 2 0.5
Nail Polishes July 16, 2012 247
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Essie French Affair (740) I've been longing for this colour since I saw it back in the beginning of the year and finally ordered it from 36Boutiques last week.

You need at least 2 coats to get an even colour and good coverage, but I think many people would do 3 coats if you aren't too comfortable with the brush and battle to get an even coat with each application. This is a very bright pastel pink that is brighter than the colour in the bottle. I don't agree with the description of it being a sophisticated soft lavender pink nevertheless it's still a pretty colour. The intense pink might not appeal to everyone, personally I do prefer slightly lighter pinks but for summer this will be a great shade to wear if you want to make a statement. I didn't add any top coat when I took the attached image because I wanted to show that when the light hits the polish at an angle it has a great shine to it. I had the same experience with the Lilacism that I bought - although the shine it that was so great the one almost forgets to add a top coat.

One thing I did notice is that the brush is different from the Lilacism my friend brought back from the UK for me, so I'm a little confused by this. Especially because the brush in the Lilacism is MUCH better and makes applying an even coat easier and less frustrating. However that all being said, I still like the colour of French Affair even though it's not a firm favourite.

I used Essie 3-way glaze as a base and top coat.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply