4.3 118 0.5
CC Creams July 19, 2014 1647
AVON Ideal Flawless CC Cream
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The packaging is pretty simple - black with white print, with 2 silver C’s on the tube, but I liked the look of it. It has understated elegance. It comes in a very convenient tube (30ml) that fits comfortably in even small handbags. It dispenses just the right amount of product with each squeeze and a little goes a long way - take care! You don't want to use too much! It has an SPF of 50, which is perfect for our SA weather, however, I wouldn't want to wear it in Summer as I'm afraid it would simply melt off once heated up. It is VERY creamy.
This is my first experience with a CC cream, which I received from the lovely ladies at Beauty Bulletin. How on earth they got my colour (Natural Beige) just right, only they know – it blended perfectly!
My first impression was that it was a bit oily and took a while to blend into my skin. Also, it started to flake off in bits while I was applying it, which was not nice at all. I thought about that and realised that perhaps I should try applying it without using moisturizer first. This did the trick! It went on a lot better and there was no “crumbling” or flakes in my sink.
The coverage of the CC cream is definitely NOT a foundation, so if that’s what you need, then this is not for you. However, if you want a light coverage and a more even skin tone, then I would recommend this product wholeheartedly.
I found that it had fine (tiny) bits of glitter (more like shimmer) which was part of the reason that it illuminates your skin so well. I have a lot of surface veins and although I could still see them, they appeared lighter after applying the AVON CC cream. The texture on my skin, was silky, not oily at all. I blended it with my fingers as I think it wouldn’t blend as nice with a brush. It has a soft, clean fragrance that does not irritate, but simply evaporates after a while.
I can recommend it for sensitive skin like mine, as I didn’t have any adverse effects afterwards. I guess you could set it with pressed powder, but you’d lose the illuminating effect which is probably what was intended with the cream in the first place. So, no, I wouldn’t use a powder over it.
This CC cream is perfect for those who don’t want a heavy mask or obvious coverage, but a light cover just to smooth out the more obvious “flaws”. It did soften the redness of my chin quite a bit, but you do need to touch it up now and again during the day if, like me, you tend to touch your face a lot.
Would I buy it? Hmmm I don’t think so because I like the coverage of a foundation that doesn’t budge during the day, but it’s perfect for daytime use if you’re not the makeup type of gal and go more for the natural look. It will give you the “natural look” without much effort.
I have included pics, but the quality of the camera is so poor, I’m not sure they’re worth placing. On the one pic, I just did my cheek and chin on the one half of my face so that you could see the contrast. The blob on my hand shows how it looks before blending. The rest of my hand already had the product applied, which blended perfectly. So, it can be a bit misleading when it comes out of the tube.

Thanks for this opportunity BB ladies, you’re the best!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply