4.3 118 0.5
CC Creams July 19, 2014 1651
AVON CC CREAM IN IVORY!
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was fortunate to receive this little tube from BB to test, thank you BB :-)!

PRODUCT CLAIMS:
1) Begins to fade the appearance of dark spots in just two weeks!
2) Instantly evens tone & appearance of skin.
3) Improves texture & appearance of skin over time.
4) Light to medium coverage
5) CORRECTS by improving look of dullness, redness & dark circles.
6) PROTECTS by fighting free radicals & offering sun protection with Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 50+.
7) PERFECTS by helping to fade the look of pigmentation.

MY THOUGHTS:
1) The Ivory shade was a perfect match to my fair skin tone.
2) The 30 ml tube is small enough to fit in your handbag.
3) The cream is light and covers fairly easily.
4) It has a pearly consistency that leaves a slight glow on my skin.
5) It immediately covered some of my break-outs (eeeuw) on my skin & I was quite surprised as it covered them better than similar products I have tried in the past.
6) It did improve the appearance of my quite dry skin & appeared to even out the tone a bit.
7) It made the application of my foundation easier.
8) With regard to the improvement of redness & appearance of dark spots in 2 weeks, the jury is still out on that one. I did not see a noticable improvement over time, but will keep using it & keep monitoring.
9) The special price of R84.95 for July is quite affordable, but I must be honest that I am not impressed with the normal price of R159.95. At that price I feel that Avon is pricing them out of the competitive market.

FINAL VERDICT:
Worth giving a try at the special price of R84.95, as it delivers on most of its promises. It is also an improvement on BB creams & even some CC creams available. The SPF50 sun protection is a big plus, as most facial products deliver only SPF 15 - 30. Would love to keep using it & monitor long-term effect.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply