4.3 118 0.5
CC Creams July 19, 2014 1651
The Avon ideal flawless CC cream
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Hello everyone, I will be writing a quick review on the Avon ideal flawless CC cream. However, before that I would like to say thank you to Beauty Bulletin for sending me the Avon ideal flawless CC cream. Now Let's get started:

The Packaging
I absolutely love the packaging! The black packaging gives the product a very sophisticated look. The pop of pink colour goes well with all black packaging. The only downside I find is that the shade colour is printed at the back with white background. Just like all the information that is on the front I prefer the shade name to be in the front with same font as the bottom half of the tube.

About
A CC cream stands for colour correcting and it is basically a tinted moisturizer. The Avon CC cream states that it is lightweight multi-tasking formula with colour correcting pigments conceals flaws immediately and fades the look of pigmentation.

The Formula
The Avon CC cream formula comes in a cute travel size tube, consisting of 30ml of the product. In addition, the CC cream also has a pretty high sun protection factor (SPF) of 50. In order to find your right shade you should definitely visit a store and hold the sample colours against your jawline to find your perfect shade.

The formula consistency is really in the middle by that I mean the cream isnot to liquid or thick. It has a nice consistency, which helps the product blend in more easily. Also, the formula is buildable. So, after applying the first layer, you find yourself wanting a bit more coverage you can go ahead and apply a second layer.

The formula also has a very unique scent which is not too strong. The scent I believe is a combination of sunscreen and the cosmetic scent that makeup products have. It is a likeable scent, which after application does linger on the face. You can smell a waft of it when you are moving around and doing your daily work. However, like I said it is a lovely light scent.

The Application
I tried applying Avon CC cream with my fingers and the brush. I think using a brush is a better option than the fingers because it will give you a even, smooth coverage. Once applied on the face it does not feel like you have something on your faces fact your skin feels smooth and soft. So again it is lightweighted but of course like I said above, as you move around you will smell the scent of it here and there.

Here are the steps to applying Avon CC cream:
1) To apply CC cream I think. You will need to apply sunscreen or moisturizers. Even though there is a high SPF of 50, applying more sunscreen will not cause damage to your skin, it will further protect it. The reason for applying sunscreen or moisturizer before is because your face would be soft and moistures giving the CC cream a better finish.
*If you have tried this method please let me know the difference down below in the comments. It will help others to make a decision whether to use a moisturizer before applying a CC cream or not.*

2) You need a good brush to apply Avon CC cream. A brush that you love to use for foundation or any other face products. It does not really have to be a brush it could be a sponge, beauty blender etc. Basically anything that gives the product a nice, natural finish because that particular tool will come in handy with this CC cream as well.

The Verdict
The Avon CC cream is worth a try. The consistency of the formula is good and also buildable. Once, this is applied you will smell a scent on your face but it is not too strong. Perfect for those who prefer scented makeup products and also those who are not a fan of scented makeup products. So, the Avon CC cream carriers to all people because nothing is too extreme or too less. I have honestly not tried this product enough time to tell you if it improves the look of dullness, dark circles and redness or helps fade the look of pigmentation as the products states.

In the end, I would just like to say how a product suit someone and their opinions differ from person to person. If you genuinely want to try the Avon CC cream give it a shot maybe it will work for you better than others. Everyone skin type differs and so does peoples choices.

For those of you who are curious about the Avon CC cream the regular price of it is R159.95 each.
R
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply