CC Creams July 19, 2014 1653
BB or CC?
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

BB or CC? Whats the difference?

According to mom.me BB creams, which stands for beauty or blemish balm, was originally meant to be an all-in-one product. So instead of spending five minutes applying your serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock, you could just apply BB cream and be set. CC cream stands for color or complexion correcting—is similar to BB cream, but amped up a bit more on skin care. They're a little heavier on anti-aging, helping with uneven skin tone, age spots, wrinkles and other simple skin issues. Like the BB cream, CC cream contains moisturizer, sunscreen and has the same amount of tint with the usual choices in fair-light, light-medium and medium-deep. Often the SPF on CC creams will be higher than in BB creams in an effort to help prevent additional skin problems caused by the sun.

So I tried Avons' CC Cream after using a BB Cream for a while. I must say the texture of the Avon CC Cream felt a little more oilier compaired with the BB Cream. The application was fine, yet the coverage a little less desirable. Teh shade was a little less subtle than the BB cream, however this is subjective to my skin tone and the brand I used for the BB Cream as well. Saying this, I did feel that the CC Cream held my makeup better than the BB Cream - because of its oilier texture.

p.s. Top Tip: I suggest applying a light / loose powder to counter act the oilyness of the CC Cream, and you will have a more even or polished finish. You may also add a pressed powder for more coverage to uneven toned areas.
That's a wrap!

Luvies to all Beauty Babes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply