CC Creams July 19, 2014 1612
Avon CC cream Nutmeg shade
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Avon CC cream

I had never used a CC cream so this was a totally new experience for me. I loved trying out the CC cream. 

-The CC cream is meant to fade the appearance of dark marks in just two weeks. 
-It evens skin tone, improves skin over time 
-It contains SPF 50
-Coverage- light to medium coverage (so that it doesn't look heavy)
-Contains licorice, Vitamin C (proven to lighten & even skin) 

I have been using the CC cream for about 2 weeks now and it has been a fun journey! I am already warming up to the idea of making the CC cream a part of my daily beauty regiment because I have found numerous uses for it. It can be used as a concealer or primer. 

The CC cream comes in nine shades and I used Nutmeg which is most suitable for my skin. The CC cream is very creamy and has a nice fragrance. Due to the creamy consistency of the CC cream, I usually apply it using my fingers so that the cream gets easily absorbed into my skin and that it is evenly spread on my face. 

My CC cream regiment:

In the morning, I cleanse and moisturize my face and neck. Afterwards, I apply a layer of the CC cream and wait for 2 minutes for the cream to get absorbed into my skin. Since the cream is of medium to light coverage and my skin is blemish prone, I apply two layers of the CC cream so that I get the desired effect which is to thoroughly conceal my dark spots whilst the CC cream reduces the appearance of dark marks. After applying the CC cream, I discovered that for best results, it is best to dab powder onto the face so that the CC cream sets better and is unlikely to smear or smudge. This also makes the CC cream last longer.
This makes the CC cream a good investment as it can be used to reduce dark marks whilst being applied underneath one's makeup. 

After four hours of having applied the CC cream, my skin still looks fresh and oil free. No smudges. 

After ten hours, skin still looks matt. The CC cream managed to last the whole day without having to re-apply it (very impressed because most creams have to be re-applied). 

PROS of the CC cream
- it is cheap and affordable
-it helps the skin to look natural and gives the impression that not much make up was used.
-it contains SPF 50
-it is hydrating
-lasts a long time and is long wearing. 
-fades dark marks and evens skin
-can be used as a primer and concealer

CONS 
-it takes a bit of time to sink in.
-needs powder to set in so that it does not smear or smudge. 

My overall thoughts on the CC cream: 

-This is yet again another great product from Avon without the expensive price tag. My experience with the Avon CC cream has been fantastic and I will definitely be using it again! 
AB
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
July 08, 2014
PS- If you have a lot of blemishes to conceal, I would suggest applying a foundation over the CC cream so that there is maximum coverage since the CC cream has medium to light coverage. I also noted that the CC cream does not necessarily function as a foundation but as a colour corrector, it helps even out skin and it works best in combination with foundation and setting powder.

AB
Amie Blessed
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply