4.3 118 0.5
CC Creams July 19, 2014 1654
Close but no Cigar!
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So with all the hype of bb creams and now cc creams one is bound to join in eventually , I on the other hand do not own a bb cream and have only just lately acquired Avons Color Correcting Cream.I just couldn't fathom why I would need one if I have a good foundation and especially if one is almost 40 (like me ) felt to nervous to let go of my current makeup routine.I also wondered why bb creams and now cc creams so I did a little digging and found an explanatory picture to explain the difference between both .
I must admit I am a bit on the fence with this product.It comes out really fast from the tube which shows that it is a bit on the runny side .Now I suffer with pigmentation on my cheeks and it does look somewhat like freckles but if you look closely you can see the uneven tone as well (pigmentation you curse ! )This formula has a thin consistency that absorbs easily into skin and has a very natural, soft and slightly dewy finish , yes I had a dewy look to my cheeks but its not enough for me , I need more coverage without looking all plastery . I am looking for a product that is lighter in texture than regular foundation but will not only even out my tone but cover those pesky pigmentation spots and sadly even though I am a fan of Avon products this just didn't cover up the danger zones and I was not happy with the white pasty look it gave me , even though this color suits me I prefer the yellowy undertones .I do enjoy sheer coverage on good skin days but if you have a lot you want to conceal this won’t do the job.But just because it didn't suit me doesn't mean it wont look good on you((Im almost 40 remember) as everyone's skin is different.I'd say if you have oily skin this might work for you, but if you have dry skin I would go for something else as it does tend to create a cakey look between the lines .Alas it fades in about 3 hours time.This one disappointed me as its just a touch too sheer.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply