fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 4 0.5
Fragrances October 16, 2012 937
THE LADY GAGA FAME:

The innovations in this perfume goes beyond the black-to-clear fluid. It has a unique fragrance with floral and fruity elements, which give this perfume a signature scent. With that said, this is my journey with FAME:

I collected my parcel at the post office and sprayed a bit on my wrist. Fruity vapours surrounded me, then slightly sweet and powdery waves with a hint of spices. It was definitely feminine, in fact, it smelled a bit like a few other perfumes released in the past few years for women and girls. REALLY??! This was it? I was a bit crestfallen, but decided to give it a chance anyway. There was something lurking sensually and somewhat darkly underneath: nothing as sinister or “noir” as the black fluid (which does dry clear) and vaguely alien talons alluded to, but something enticing and deliciously dirty that was not blatant, but did make me feel as if someone had just came off with a rather witty double entendre.

After having a bath that evening, I sprayed it again, it smelled much the same as the scent strip had. Only now the generic fruitiness was more berry-like with whispers of booziness. The floral aspect that appeared as sugary violets (earlier) bloomed into a scorched orchid and haughty jasmine combination. I wear perfumes regardless of whom they are marketed to, but this was definitely on the femme side of the scale…maybe too much. It came to my attention that this was constructed without the typical “scent pyramid” (no base, heart or top notes) and used a “push/pull” technology created by three accords: a lighter one, a darker one and a sensual. I also learned that it could be changed by “rubbing it out”. I figured why not?

I reapplied again “rubbing it out” and, to my great surprise, it WAS different! A smoky silken incense came to the fore and the saffron was readily apparent. A deliciously naughty musk flirted with my nostrils and the tart berry accord of the previous wearing had somehow magically morphed into a more golden honey drizzled apricot accented by a bitter green (deadly nightshade?). There was definitely more to this perfume than first meets the nose. It was still sweet, only now it was more unisex and oriental-as opposed to the usual fruity floral that I had first been rather disappointed over. It seems this perfume has revamped a rather tired and trite classification and gave it it’s own trappings and unique style. Brava!!

FAME, has broken no new ground. It has, however, taken some old ground and created a rather interesting arrangement with it. Breaking the mould of the typical celebrity scent structure, creating a really interesting flacon and juice that echoes with feelings of fame, and how it’s perceived while also creating something that has two very different aspects to it. I have worn FAME continuously for the last 24 hours, which should say more than these words ever, could. It takes a while sometimes for people to really “grasp” (completely understand and appreciate) something but when you finally do…all the time spent makes it worthwhile. Will this be an instant classic? Maybe. Is it worth the money? Absolutely!
T
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply