Review Detail

4.4 84 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils February 05, 2015 1150
Eylure lashes
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

A while back, I was asked by Beauty Bulletin to be their ‘proef konyn ’, their guinea pig. The product: Eylure Lengthening starter kit, code for falsies.

I’ve never tried false lashes before and always loved the look mascara gives me, so I was obviously very excited. I’ve always heard the worst kinds of stories when it comes to false lashes, ‘you can glue your eyes shut together’, ‘your actual eyelashes fall out as well’ and many other horror stories so naturally, I was a little hesitant.

If you guys never done online shopping before or do not really understand the excitement that comes with it, it is wonderful. It is the equivalent of Christmas Eve. Seeing and knowing that there are gifts waiting for you but knowing that you may only open them the following day.

The Eylure lashes has a wide range and I have seen it being sold at Clicks and Dischem. The set of lashes I tried are being sold at R79.99.

These are specifically for the lengthening effect but there are other variants available like, volumising and party options (party options = lashes with glitter/diamante on them) (I think that is what they are called).

The Eylure starter pack comes with a pair of a pair of plastic tweezers to make application easier (I personally preferred not using them), there is also a practice lash (makes so much sense as it is a ‘starter kit’), two bottles of glue (lashes are reusable) and the pair of eyelashes.

I found the application process rather tricky at first, I had difficulty applying them as close to my actual lash and I made a bit of a mess with them glue. Once I mastered the art of the falsies, I properly flousrished. I loved how natural these looked, I definitely did not look like I was about to take off with my lashes.

Another problem I had was with the glue, once dried it became a whitey silicone texture. I also found that it wasn’t as gluey as I had hoped. Doubt it is water resistant so I probably will not be making it part of my daily make up as,
1.I am lazy.
2.I usually only apply BB cream and mascara to my face.
3.Because I am lazy.
4.The Eylure lash fell off while I was presenting in court (definitely not my proudest moment), this could be due to me not applying it on properly or it not being a whole day thing and rather just a going out thing.

Eylure will most definitely be part of my going out make up routine. I love how it does not make my already big eyes bigger but rather has it poppin’.

The starter kit is a definite must try for newbies and pros alike!

Thank you BB!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
To this (see what i mean by whitey glue)
From this ...
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply