Review Detail

4.4 84 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils February 05, 2015 1156
Add that Oomph to your everyday look!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

have never used false falsies before for fear of gluing my eyes shut and also thinking that I may turn out to look like a badly put together drag queen. But recently I was offered a chance to try out a pair of Eyelure Lengthening by the amazing team at Beauty Bulletin – A big thank you for these! I received the Eyelure Lengthening No.118 starter kit which comes with a set of lashes, a practice lash, two tubes of glue (contains latex), applicator and leaflet.

Thank goodness for the practice lash because even though the instructions are easy enough to follow I did find that I had to make some adjustments, like step 1, should really be apply mascara to your natural eyelashes so that your natural eyelashes blend with the falsies. Also I found that if I let the glue become tacky which takes about 2 minutes the eyelash sticks in the right place and I used my tweezers to apply the lashes as I found the applicator a little cumbersome for me.

Eylure-Lengthening-080-box-back

To Apply (as per the box’s instructions):

1) Lift the lashes from the tray with tweezers, applicator or your fingers (if they are glued across the lash, then ease them away from the half-moon using your thumbs in a downward motion, please do not pick off from the ends.

eylure-lengthening-lashes-80-1-700x525
2) Measure against your eye and if they are too long then, using sharp nail scissors, snip off a small section at a time until they are perfect.
3) Apply a thin line of the Eylure Lashfix glue to the lash band. Wait about 20-30 seconds until it becomes tacky before applying (this is where most applications can go awry).
4) Apply with tweezers, applicator or your fingers (whichever feels natural to you). We believe a tweezers/applicator will give you a more precise placement. Place from the middle of the eye first then adjust the edges so they follow your natural lash line. Press and hold for a few seconds. If you make a mistake, simply remove from the eye, take off the dried glue, reapply and go again.

DSC02674 copy
Excuse the lighting – Winter makes for really crappy lighting in my house! BUT HEY- check out the length of my eyelash – Sexy ne?!

DSC02693 copy
Left eye: with Mascara and Eyelure false lash Right eye: with Mascara only

DSC02702 edit 2

To Remove:

Hold lash at outside edge and gently peel off – It really doesn’t hurt!

To Reuse:

Remove used glue with fingers or tweezers from the lash band and then store back on tray.

Verdict:

I found these to be really great especially for a first time user. They were super light and fit perfectly on my eye. The best part about these is that they look really natural with just a hint of glamour at the edges. They add the perfect amount of volume and length to wear during the day and I think that if you’re looking to keep it low key, just pop these bad boys on with a pop of color on your lips and you’re ready to head out the door!

And at just R54.95 (Dischem) a pair they’re a really great buy for anyone looking to add a little oopmh to their look.

xx

Eva

Tip: line your lash line with eyeliner to seal the deal and ensure that your lashes look natural.
M
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply