4.1 39 0.5
Foundations September 07, 2010 563
Still on the fence about this one
(Updated: July 14, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I usually struggle with extremely dry skin, however since I moved to a warmer province my skin has improved in that area. Previously when my skin was so dry I could not dare to use this foundation in winter or summer.

I have normal skin now and I applied this foundation the other day and it worked for normal skin.

Pros:
* It applies nicely with a brush or beauty blender.
* If applied in thin layers you can achieve the coverage that you want/need.
* The coverage is very good.
* The finish is very matte, during the day it adapts to a more satin finish because of the skin's oil which is beautiful.
* Concealer is rarely needed.
* A little goes a long way, foundation will last a while.

Cons:
* The colour is not my exact match, Bone is the closest match but it is really very yellow toned.
* This foundation is a hyped product and I expected much more coverage.
* The matte finish is not my preferred finish.
* I don't like the pumpless bottle.
* I don't have large pores, but this foundation seems to sink in any pores that you may have and I assume it will sink into fine lines as well.
* The foundation has SPF in it and will photograph with a white cast. This foundation can appear mask like on photos (more so if it is not a perfect match shade wise)

I will recommend this foundation to someone with problematic skin that needs coverage as well as to someone with oily skin. If you can find your exact shade in this foundation and you have oily skin it could be your HG foundation.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply