Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.1 24 0.5
Essence Stay All Day Translucent Fixing Powder
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

If you are a fan of the all matte look then this beauty is for you. essence Cosmetics have released a variety of matte products from concealers to foundations to matte primers. They have ended the matte makeup look by the creation of a matte translucent powder to ensure that there is not an oily spot in sight.

essence Cosmetics describes this product as follows, "the ultra-fine stay all day translucent fixing powder remains invisible on the skin and sets the whole make-up without weighing it down. thanks to its translucent colour, the loose powder adapts perfectly to every skin tone without affecting the colour of the foundation."

This magical product comes in a clear round container with a white screwed on the lid. It has about 18 to 20 holes to release the white translucent powder. The holes are sealed with a plastic film that needs to be removed once purchased. However, there is no fluffy pad that accompanies this product and it is up to you to decide which makeup tool is right for you.

essence Cosmetics created this product to help set your concealer/foundation or to simply mattify any oily patches on your face. I initially used this product to bake under my eyes which partially worked out for me. Unfortunately, the white undertone does not look good on me and I need something that is more yellow like the infamous Ben Nye Banana Powder. If you are a fair to medium skin tone then tap yourself on the shoulder because you just got the most affordable product to bake with.

I initially tried using a large powder brush but I prefer using a damp beauty blender to apply this as a setting powder wherever I have concealed. There are no harsh lines or creasing and this product applies easily.

This product is excellent for drying up your T-zone if you trouble with a really oily T-zone. If you have oily skin then this product will be your best friend! The best part about this product is the fact that it has no flashback.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
T
Top 500 Reviewer 15 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply