Review Detail

4.5 9 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays November 20, 2015 497
Essence Soo Glow! Highlighter
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Cream to powder products have always amazed me, but I’ve never been brave enough to try it out. When Essence launched this product in the beginning of the year, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. I circled the local Ballito Dis-Chem for a few weeks until I got my hands on this beauty.
For weeks after purchasing this highlighter, I just stared at the product, wondering when I’d be willing to test it out. …Three months later, I decided to play around with my new highlighter and gently swirl my fingers in this gorgeously perfect highlighter. Since I’m not really a fan of cream based highlighters, I was amazed to find this highlighter to be absolutely light and silky, rather than how I’d imagine it to be thick and heavy.
As you can see in the swatch, the Soo Glow! highlighter is highly pigmented, while the highlighter has a gorgeous pink tint to it, it leaves a faint glow with refined shimmer for a perfect night time look. After swatching the Soo Glow!, I applied the highlighter to my cheekbones, using a light hand while blending with a beauty blender. Soft natural looking highlight? YES!!! with a stunning pink glow. This cream highlighter got me mesmerised by how it the light caught the pigments and gave skin a natural glow.
Since I have a medium skin tone, I thought the Essence Soo Glow! was a little too much “shimmer princess” for a day time look, but I’m sure if you have a lighter skin tone, it would blend perfectly for a day time look. If you’re an everyday highlighter kind of girl and don’t want to break the bank over a highlighter, I’d definitely recommend this highlighter.
It is simple to use, lasts long on skin, and isn’t thick or oily so skin can breathe perfectly and if all else fails, it feels like magic applying a cream highlighter which fades into a gorgeous powder finish, if that main point doesn’t impress you even a little… I don’t know what will. Make sure you get your hands on the Essence Soo Glow!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
P
#1 Reviewer 878 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply