Review Detail

3.2 3 0.5
Nail Polishes February 27, 2014 389
02 My Wild Side
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Was super excited to review this product!
Thank you to Beauty Bulletin for letting me have this super fun nail art.

The important component to achieving the Paper Print effect is the Transfer Solution *(R27,95)- which has a strong alcohol smell (highly inflammable). Make sure you use it in a well ventilated area, those fumes got to me after a while.

The Paper Print Designs *(R22,95) are available in 4 different styles:
01 Get the News (Classifieds, Newspaper print, Maps, etc)
02 My Wild Side (Snake, Cheetah, Giraffe skin, etc)
03 Love Letters (Bright flowers; Black, White and Red prints)
04 Live Laugh Love (Abstract designs)

The first step is to apply a coat of nude or white nail polish. Essence recommends colour & go 104 "sweet as candy" for best results. I couldn't find this colour at my nearest Clicks,so I went ahead with a white nail polish.

Make sure your nail polish dries COMPLETELY before you continue. Next, select a fun design! Cut out a square that will cover your entire nail. On the printed side, apply the transfer solution. Apply the paper to your nail, printed side down. Use a round cotton pad to hold down for 15 seconds.

Remove paper slowly, (I expected to 'ooh and ahh' in amazement), then seal with a top coat.

NOTE
Once transferred to your nail, the design is not going to be as vibrant or solid as it is on the paper. You will get a faded/ distressed effect.

ATTEMPT #1
I thought my nails were dry but obviously not because after completing the process and peeling off the paper, I see that the paper now has my nail polish on it!

ATTEMPT #2
Nail polish truly dry, I begin the process. I peel off the paper - The print has transferred...with the paper! Also, it is a bit patchy.

ATTEMPT #3
Here we gooo! Same as second attempt, the print is transferred along with a layer of paper. And again, it has not transferred entirely, there are a few blank patches. I realised the stuck-paper wasn't a problem, after placing my nails under running water, most of the paper washed off (leaving the print) and a top coat takes away the roughness BUT the patchy appearance is still a problem.

Oh well! Sometimes using an Essence product is like being 9 years old and borrowing your 20 year old sister's clothes. You're going to be on-trend but the fit just isn't quite right.

Still an Essence fan though!

This was my experience with the product, you might have better luck. Will definitely be practising and hopefully get my hands on the recommended nail colour.

*Recommended retail price, as per Essence website.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
February 28, 2014
You really saved me from being this product thanx for review.
C
cpeter01
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply