Review Detail

4.3 5 0.5
Lipsticks January 08, 2016 368
Merry Berry Lipsticks
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I don't usually buy Essence lipsticks simply because they do not offer a range of darker colours (I prefer dark lipsticks). Yet I buy many other Essence products because of its great quality at affordable prices.

I was really excited to try out the Merry Berry collection and I waited excitedly for it to arrive at Clicks and Dischem. After seeing the range online, I already knew that I wanted the (purple) 'Let the Berry Tales Begin' lipstick.

The packaging is cute (as with all of the other Essence products) and looks amazing for a low-end brand. The first thing I noticed was that it is not as pigmented as it looks. If you truly want it to show or to be bold, you have to add lipliner and layers upon layers (this may also be because I have a medium skin tone and, therefore, darker lips).

It also does not last very long. You'll find that you may have to reapply it after an hour or so. Despite this, it still has a smooth and glossy finish.

I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to experiment with a dark lipstick colour without it being too bold.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply