Review Detail

3.9 18 0.5
EyeLiners October 29, 2010 538
Essence Eyeliner Pen
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This eyeliner pen by Essence is similar to a liquid liner in a pen form, as described by its name. On the packaging it says that this eyeliner pen provides a precise application, is colour intensive and extra longlasting, as well as being smudge proof.

As I’ve used Essence products before and liked it, I was quite excited to try this out, especially since it was sold at an affordable price of R39.99. As for the shape of the felt tip, it was quite easy to apply a precise line. However, the pigmentation of the liner does fade especially fast when you have eyeshadow on. It’s almost as if the shadow “soaks” up the liner and you end up with a very faint line. So I did not find it particularly long lasting at all.

I also found that after using the product for a period of time and the tip starts drying out, you need to shake the pen in order for the product to reach the tip again. This isn’t very convenient especially when you have to keep putting the lid back on, shaking it and continue applying your liner. If you don’t put the lid on and shake the pen, the liquid will end up everywhere around you (yes ladies, I did this and I don’t recommend it unless you want to look like a spotted leopard). So the product does not flow nicely into the felt tip after using the product for a period of time.

The advantage of this product is that this product can be easily removed with gentle eye makeup remover as it is not waterproof, which saves a lot of time and effort. It is also great for eye looks that require a bit of definition around the eyes but not a hard, precise line.
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply