Review Detail

4.6 12 0.5
Concealers May 25, 2016 926
essence Coverstick
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I am not going to lie, I am not a fan of stick concealers. I just find them thick and heavy and a nightmare to blend. That all changed when I met the essence Coverstick.

essence as many of you know released a new range of beauty products specifically formulated for women of colour. This range has been trending on social media with the tag, #LoveYourShade.

I tried out the essence coverstick for a few weeks and here are my thoughts.

I tried that shade matt caramel, which is shade number 50. When I first speared it onto my fingers I was surprised at how creamy and smooth the consistency of the stick was. Since it is a stick formula I thought it would be best to avoid my eye area and try and conceal my dark spots around my lips, nose and on my cheeks.

I added a bit of product to my troubled areas and I was able to blend it in easily using the warmth from my fingers. I love beauty sponges and beauty bullets but I honestly just prefer using my fingers when blending in my concealer. Once blended it provided a light coverage that settled into a matte finish. I was quite impressed with how easy it was to blend it and I decided to build up the coverage in certain areas that were darker than others.

An important point to note is the fact that this concealer contains Allantoin in the ingredients list. Allantoin is used to ensure that the concealer is an anti-irritant as well as being a skin protector, This is particularly good for those with sensitive skin or acne prone skin.

My favourite part about this product is the fact that it is dermatologically tested as well as animal cruelty-free! Well done essence on still maintaining such an impressive status.

The design of this product was done in a manner to resemble a lipstick. This is excellent for travelling, which is why I keep it in my handbag to use as my everyday touch up concealer.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
T
Top 500 Reviewer 15 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply