4.6 12 0.5
Concealers May 25, 2016 920
Essence Coverstick
(Updated: October 01, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This coverstick used to be my favourite concealer. At first, it was great as it matched my skin tone and covered up dark spots and blemishes. I used to use it under my foundation to decrease the amount of foundation I used.

It is quite creamy in texture and applies well. It also blends quite well, especially when used with a beauty blender. Recently, however, I do not use it because it's too dark for my skin tone (my skin tone lightened in recent months).

When it is first applied, it is great. After a while, it starts to become a lot more orangey. If you have large pores, this may not be the best option and pores definitely show after applying this product. It also creased and settled into the fine lines under my eyes. After a couple of hours, I would have to 'wipe' my undereye area because it creased so much. So I suggest using a really good setting powder after application.

This may work for someone else - perhaps with a darker skin tone or a different skin type (I have oily skin). However, it's a good product for the price and provides really good coverage.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
No
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply