Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.0 3 0.5
EyeLiners June 26, 2012 292
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I adore Essence products! Every single product I've tried of theirs has been wonderful and so so good, especially considering the price you pay.

I have always loved the liquid liner look, but no matter which types I've tried, I just haven't been able to get that smooth line with the flick at the end. It always looks bumpy or unevenly applied, and the flicks never look the same.

Problem solved once I bought the Essence 2 in 1 eyeliner pen.

It's incredibly easy to use and cleans up so easily if you do, by chance, make a little mistake - I simply took a cotton bud, dipped it in a bit of water and gently wiped. It's kind of like using a felt tip pen, so it was a lot less intimidating than your average liquid liner. I did find that sometimes toward the end of an application it didn't come out as smoothly but I got a solid black line each time I used it, provided I shook it well before use. I didn't find it watery or thin at all, in fact, I found it gave a better application than the tubs of gel eyeliner from Mac that I'd tried before - I often feel that they're a bit thick, so you have to keep dipping your brush into the tub to get a decent application, and yet it always looks wobbly.

The first time I applied the Essence 2 in 1 eyeliner pen, was first thing in the morning. I had a full day of work visiting clients in Durban, which is hot and humid and horrible. The eyeliner didn't budge at all, it stayed put long enough for me to even have dinner and drinks with friends after work!

I'll definitely purchase this product again. I don't use it everyday but it's lasted me about 3 months so far and I've had no problems with it at all.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply