3.9 4 0.5
Body Moisturizers April 29, 2015 793
Goodbye, chicken skin!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Keratosis Pilaris. Ugh.

50% of the population, including me, suffer from annoying little bumps on the backs of our arms and legs. They’re utterly harmless, caused by an over-production of keratin (a natural skin protein) in the hair follicles, but they ain’t pretty. Parts of my body look as if I permanently have goosebumps.

I tried everything, but nothing made much of an impact. Then, Environ Derma-Lac Lotion entered my life… (cue fireworks!)

Environ Derma-Lac Lotion contains medium levels of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), specifically lactic acid. AHAs like lactic acid are chemical exfoliants that work on the skin’s surface and slough away dead skin cells, allowing the skin to suck up moisture more efficiently.

Derma-Lac Lotion works wonders on KP! After using it religiously, my KP is basically non-existent. The formula is a clear, watery gel rather than a creamy lotion, which means Derma-Lac is non-greasy and absorbed quickly.

I use it only on the areas where I get KP (due to the price), but it’s super effective on all rough skin: elbows, knees and feet. If you like your skin silky smooth (who doesn’t?), this product is a must-have. The only downside is that it smells a little like insect repellent. The amazing results make it well worth it, though.

Apply this lotion at night and make sure you wear SPF during the day, as AHAs make the skin more sensitive to sun damage.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply