Review Detail

4.7 15 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils April 26, 2013 355
Review: Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

As far as mascaras go, many claim to promise you the most amazing eyelashes in the world yet few manage to deliver, however I can happily say that Elizabeth Arden’s Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara hits the nail on the head!

I love the rectangular shape, the sharp edges and the striking gold colour of the mascara tube, it all lends a whiff of luxury, glam and opulence which every woman needs in her life! I like the understated elegance of the packaging, a plain gold mascara tube with a simple telling Red Door logo that is printed on the lid of the mascara tube. You can’t help but feel that you’re holding a solid gold bar of beauty heaven. This mascara doesn’t need to brandish its greatness on the mascara tube itself, all is said on the exterior packaging box.

The wand is easy to handle, sturdy and felt very comfortable in my hand when applying the mascara. I am a diehard lover of multiple coats of mascara to pump up the drama of my eyelashes, however I found with this mascara one or two coats of mascara was more than sufficient to achieve my desired bold look.

I adore the lightweight formula of this mascara, I was able to apply this mascara with ease and there was not a clump in sight. The mascara formula was a good consistency, never dried out and never needed an extra pump of the mascara wand to get the desired amount of mascara onto the mascara wand head. I also loved that the mascara wand head was small enough to allow me to easily manoeuvre into the inner and outer corners of my eyes thus allowing me to coat those tiny eyelashes with mascara. Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara is well pigmented and leaves you with the blackest of black eyelashes. As this mascara left my eyelashes well defined and separated there was no need for me to reach for my eyelash comb to separate my eyelashes. Another huge plus for this mascara was the long wear that it provided. It lasted well into 10 hour plus days without needing a touch up and didn’t once flake or start crumbling off my eyelashes. This was not a stubborn mascara to remove, as I was able to easily remove this mascara with a gentle make-up remover.

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara promises that it ‘immediately volumizes, lengthens and curls lashes’ and it is marketed on the Elizabeth Arden website as ‘beautiful color fuses with care’. I found that this mascara did volumize my eyelashes, it definitely lengthened my eyelashes and did provide a much needed curl to my eyelashes. This mascara provides the ‘care’ with the triple peptide complex and carob tree extract which is included in its magic formula. A mascara that delivers long, luscious, voluminous, curled eyelashes with 1 sweep of the mascara wand while providing my eyelashes with health benefits to boot, I’d say that’s a win!

Overall I was very happy with this product, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to invest in a quality mascara that will deliver on its promises. Retailing at R195 is a bargain for what you will gain, get ready to start fluttering those gorgeous eyelashes! A must-have product if you are looking to spoil yourself at a bargain price and indulge your eyelashes in one of the best mascaras around!
R
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply