fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 3 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams November 05, 2013 317
Shield Clinical Protection
One of my biggest self-confidence destroyers is wet armpits. On very hot summer days, I get drenched in sweat and in winter, if I get too warm while walking or running for the train, my armpits will get wet. I’ve tried all the ‘best’ deodorants on the market…roll-ons, sprays and sticks. None of them have stopped me from sweating.

When I saw the advert for the new Shield Clinical Protection anti-perspirant, I knew I had to try it. I went to my local Clicks and decided to try the Ultra Dry.

The Shield Clinical Protection comes in a box with an information sheet inside. In it, they explain why we sweat and how the anti-perspirant works. In addition, they give specific instruction on how to use it.

It stated that you need to use it before going to bed. This is because the active ingredients in the anti-perspirant work best while you sleep. It also said that once you have worn it before bed, you will have enough protection to last you throughout the next day.

‘’For best results apply Shield Clinical Protection at night*. While the body is at rest, sweat glands are less active and the skin is more receptive to the TRIsolidTM formula. This allows for a deep layer of protection to form which is effective throughout the next day, even after a shower.’’ - Shield

So, I followed the instructions and turned the twister until I saw the creamy white product. I applied on each arm and went to sleep.

The next morning I took a bath and I added more of the Shield Clinical Protection anti-perspirant. It did not say you have to on the instructions, but there was no way I was going to leave the house with no deodorant on!

Unfortunately, on the day I used it, the weather was on the cool side. But a test came when I had to literally run about 150meters to catch my train. Normally, I’d be sweating all over, armpits included. But this time my arms were a little bit damp, but not full on wet! This for me was a miracle!!!

As I said earlier, my arm pits are almost always wet with sweat, despite putting on a good amount of anti-perspirant from the leading brands (including Shield’s sprays and roll-ons)
When I got to work, there was a very tiny patch of wetness under my shirt’s arm.

Now, it’s important to note that this was not a hot day and with Cape Town’s weather being the diva it is…it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to test this product’s full capabilities for another week or so. But I promise I’ll let you know how it performs on a super-hot day.

At this point, I have a feeling it’ll NOT pass the totally dry test, but it’s definitely a much better product than normal deodorants.
So far, it’s a 6.5/10
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply