Review Detail

4.5 11 0.5
Body Moisturizers October 09, 2010 1077
Dove Summer Glow Beauty Body Lotion
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

As I am a darker skin toned person you might be wondering why I would need a gradual self tanner at all but heres my reason. I wear long pants and skirts through out most of the year which means my legs hardly ever see the sun except for the odd day at the beach or when I'm on vacation. My specific skin type darkens quite quickly in the sun and this leaves me with darker arms and face and paler legs (not a good look in a pair of shorts or a swimsuit). I've used other similar products before but this product is the best I've found so far. I use this product for a week before I plan on show my legs, twice a day. I find the smell quite pleasant like a light floral scent not at all harsh smelling like other self-tanners. It gives me a great bronzed colour thats definitely not orange or unnaturally brown. I use these few tips to ensure a good outcome:

- Exfoliate your skin well before application to prevent patchy or uneven tan
- Apply lightly to area that have drier skin like knees, elbows and ankles
- Ensure that the lotion is completely absorbed before putting on clothes (it will stain white clothes so avoid those while building up the tan)
- Wash your hands immediately after application or it will stain them

Oh and have you noticed that tanned limbs look slimmer? That about all I can say about this product. I totally recommend it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply