Review Detail

4.5 11 0.5
Body Moisturizers October 09, 2010 1063
Dove Summer Glow Lotion
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have extremely fair skin (I can get sunburn during my 15 minute commute to work!) and as I can't tan naturally, I am always in search for something to make my pasty skin look healthy.

At the price for this lotion - around R30 - I decided to give it a shot.

I did notice some change after the first application, and it built up after about 4-5 days into a nice, healthy glow. I didn't look super tanned, but I was very happy with the look I got.

Be warned: this lotion does streak if not applied correctly! When I first started using it, I applied it as I would any normal moisturising lotion, and I didn't take care to make sure that I applied it evenly. The result was ugly orangey splotches on my feet and backs of my legs. This can easily be fixed by rubbing the area with some hydrogen peroxide on a cotton pad. I must admit that even when applying carefully in small circular motions, I still did get some patchy spots, but it was easy to fix so I didn't mind too much. I think this was because I have very fair skin so it shows up more if you make a little mistake :)

I found that this lotion does have a "self-tan" smell to it, and I also felt quite sticky after applying it, so I stood in front of a fan afterwards to dry. I did not notice any marks on my white bedding however, even though I put it on about 15 mins before bed (I like to wake up with a tan!)

Pros:
- low cost
- nice gradual build-up to skin with a healthy glow
- doesn't make you look orange, even if you have very fair skin
- good moisturiser

Cons:
- has a self-tan smell
- can go streaky and patchy if not applied correctly, especially on ankles, feet, elbows etc
- feels sticky after application

All in all, I would buy it again and use it. The positives of not having lily white skin far outweigh the negatives in my mind!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
November 14, 2013
Woops I forgot to add that when it starts fading, it is hardly noticeable. Your skin doesn't go blotchy, it just naturally fades back to normal.
K
karley
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply