fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 43 0.5
dove-nourishing-oil-care-shampoo.jpg
Shampoo August 29, 2012 1082
It all started when I opened the padded envelope, containing the two Dove products... Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo, with it's companion complement, the Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner. What a beautifully 'yummy' fragrance! My unexciting day became a little more intruiging, and I found myself heading for home and desperately wanting to wash my hair!

I have finely textured hair, but quite a lot of it (fortunately). Although admittedly a little apprehensive about using a product that boasted 'oil care', (as I tend to have an oily scalp, and dry ends) I set out to test the products. On first impression, the product texture is 'luxe', and rich and thick in texture - and I honestly felt as tho I was embarking on a decadent pampering session... ahhhh, that fragrance!!!!

Firstly, my fears about the 'oil care' shampoo making my hair limp or 'heavy' certainly did not hold up. In fact, after lathering the shampoo into my hair, it felt clean, not stripped of natural oils and easy to rake my fingers through... (which, in my own personal experience)h is often not easy with highlighted or colour treated hair!). Ok, so, Shampoo = successful - tick!

Now on to the Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner.... I applied the conditioner to my mid-length and ends, leaving for a minute or so to penetrate. Once again, the texture, the colour and the fragrance of the conditioner is temptingly edible... its like lathering your head in caramel. Safe to say, I didn't venture a taste... that would have been a bit weird - no?! *;-)

The result of my Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo and Conditioner trial is that : (1) my trademark fly-away, dry ends now look healthier, my hair certainly enjoys more body, and frizziness seems to be a thing of the past.

I'm extremely excited about these new Dove products. It got me to thinking about what women really want when it comes to beauty and grooming... On the top of my list are, good, clear skin, a body weight that I'm happy with, and of course, the accessory of all accessories, good hair!!!! I'm pleased to say that since I've used these two products under review, I've experienced several GOOD HAIR DAYS!!!!

... & girls, when you have a 'good hair day' everything else seems to fade into insignificance and the confidence levels are definitely boosted! Dont tell me that you dont swagger or walk differently when you know your locks are luminous and healthy!

I admit to being ignorant as to the retail cost of these products, but knowing the Dove brand, they will be quality and affordable -and even if they did tip the top of the prices scales, I'd unhesitatingly recommend them to all and sundry. You're looking at a great quality product, offering the promised results.... & we're talking about your most prized, effective accessory, your 'crowning glory' here! Go for it. You wont be sorry.

A good hair day = priceless in my book....
KD
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply