Review Detail

2.3 1 0.5
Scrubs, Exfoliators, Peels September 02, 2013 163
Dirty Works Coconut Caress Body Scrub 200ml
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I absolutely loved the packaging of this scrub that I decided to try it instead of my usual body scrub. The vibrant, contrasting colours and the quirkiness of the pictures and slogans got me instantly drawn into throwing two 200ml bottles into my basket. The price tag of R16.95 for a 200ml body scrub swayed my choice a little too.

The scrub smells as delicious as it sounds, containing Coconut oil and Walnut Granules. Its scent is similar to cocoa butter. The Walnut Granules help to buff and brush roughness away whilst the Coconut Oil aids in conditioning and moisturizing skin. This scrub states that it revives, recharges and gets you ready to go! I unfortunately am not sold on this.

The scrub is a gorgeous earthy colour with its coconut scent and brown specks of the Walnut granules. Although it smells divine and the packaging claims it can do so much, it lacked in consistency and the formula. In a scrub you want a medium size granule consistency, something you can feel the grit of between your fingers and you know can work to scrub away dry, dead skin. This scrub is very very fine in grittiness and feels more like using their body butter to wash with. It’s very similar in texture to a facial scrub rather than a body scrub.

The price is so appealing and screams out into anyone wanting to try a body scrub but is daunted by purchasing a scrub for over R20.00. If you’re looking for something that will leave you deeply cleansed and revitalised, I suggest not using this brand of scrub unless you prefer a buttery fine texture.

The attractive packaging and alluring colours does make it a great gift for when you need a gift under R50 situation. Make sure to add a body brush or loofah to the mix as their definitely going to need the extra grit.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply