Review Detail

4.7 2 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays May 06, 2015 308
Dermalogica Ultra Calming Redness Relief Primer
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

When I first picked up this product, I thought: "Hmmmm, just another green-tinted primer." But I couldn't have been more wrong. Because green is opposite red on the colour wheel, it neutralises skin redness. However, this is hardly a beauty innovation and there are plenty of anti-redness primers on the market...

What makes this product unique is that it doesn't just conceal redness and balance skin tone: it actually addresses redness in the short- and long term. It contains natural botanical extracts of yeast, oats and oat kernel oil that offers immediate calming effects on flushed skin.

The silicone base acts as a protective layer for sensitive skin, preventing further skin aggravation. Not only that, but it provides a gorgeous matte finish for smoother, longer-lasting foundation application. If you have oily skin prone to breakouts, the silicones may be a problem so keep that in mind.

I applied this primer after my moisturiser and just loved how it made my sensitive skin look and feel. My foundation looked fresh for longer and the redness was definitely neutralised. I would recommend this product to anyone with skin issues causing redness like rosacea. Totally worth the bucks!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply