4.8 4 0.5
In Salon Professional Treatments October 28, 2013 551
An unforgettable treat!
(Updated: July 09, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was one of the lucky Beauties who were chosen for the EXCLUSIVE event with Dermalogica!!! I was thrilled when Kerri called me on Friday afternoon to confirm my attendance.
The morning started off with a heartfelt welcome from Dermalogica and Beauty Bulletin (Kerri you rock). We completed a client chart, were offered champagne (I opted for coffee) and snacks. A formal introduction and schedule for the day were relayed to the Lucky Beauties.
The Dermalogica Concept Space on Wembley in Cape Town is an absolute beaut; so much light, it makes for a perfectly warm atmosphere.
Were we divided into three groups and informed that we would rotate during the course of the morning.
I was in the first group...and off we went for our Micro Zone Treatments. My skin therapist were very professional and friendly (I forgot her name) I felt totally safe in her capable hands. First of all she went through my chart with me, had a few questions for me on my health, skincare routine and stress levels, which I received a 9/10 for because I’m so good at taking care of my skin. She advised that we would start with my face mapping.
Face mapping is a skin analysis where the different zone on your face are analysed to ascertain your skin type and skin problems you have in the specific zones. I was quiet surprise at the outcome of my analysis. My skin’s elasticity is great, which means my skin’s ageing is slow and no tell-tale lines are visible as yet! My skin is dehydrated and I have some pigmentation. My Therapist recommended a hydration Micro Zone treatment. She wanted to put some moisture back into my skin…and did she! Every application and/or product was explained to me in detail (which I appreciated). I was advised to take my sunblock right through to my ears, I was stunned by this useful information. The treatment lasted about 20 minutes but it felt like an hour. Mega relaxing. She pre-cleansed, cleansed, exfoliated, masked, moisturised and applied some eye cream and sunblock. My skin felt so clean and refreshed afterward. My skin was glowing again! Thereafter I was handed my customised skin health prescription and we chatted a bit on the products and what I would need now and what to incorporate in future.
Off we went for our “Workshop” on healthy skin education with a cuppa of course. Our Hostess Marja was just a pleasure; I wish my teachers at school were like her.
A very educational and informative chat on healthy skin.
Just some of the things I have learnt on Saturday

• Dermalogica believes in “removing, improving and treating”
• Dermalogica don’t do facials they do skin treatments
• Demalogica’s first step is to get your skin healthy and thereafter treat the skin condition.
• There are a lot of harmful ingredients in various skincare brands (some of it I can’t even pronounce)
• Dehydrated skin needs moisture and not oil.

Our workshop was concluded with an informal Q and A’s and high spirits.

We were invited to have some much welcomed sushi as a light snack. DEVINE!!!
I need the number of those caterers.

After snacking and talking more pics our group moved over to the Skin Bar, where we were thought how to treat our hands by the lovely Carla.
She gave step by step instructions on what and how. The routine was fairly simple and anyone can do it at home; scrub, rinse, mask, rinse, moisturize. My hands were thoroughly treated and pampered by yours truly. How amazing is that.

I must just mention that my fellow beauties made the day extra special. You guys are so cool, funny and I enjoyed your company!

What a way to end off the morning!

The fabulous Kerri handed us goodie bags, yes X2 OMW how spoilt were we!!! (enclosing pics thereof)

What a way to end off the morning!

I felt like I was walking on air as I left the store, no could stop me no one could touch me *bigsmiles*

To everyone that is looking for healthy skin please go and visit the Dermalogica Concept Space on Wembley, you won’t be disappointed.

Thank you once again to Beauty Bulliten and Dermalogica SA for a FANTASTIC time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
October 27, 2013
Really great review Mandy. very informative!
I
IlhamO
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply