Review Detail

4.3 16 0.5
Afro's, Dreadlocks and Braids September 12, 2016 702
Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Plaiting Pudding Cream
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The styling products in the range have a bit of a heftier price tag. However I maintain that this range is great value for the natural on a budget. Let’s be real, a lot of natural hair products come for a pretty penny, especially if you’re looking for healthy ingredients and effective results. The D&L Au Naturale Plaiting Pudding Cream and Afro Moisturising Butter have both these things, but at a reasonable price comparatively. I have type 3B/C hair and intended to LOC using these as my L and C.

The Plaiting Pudding Cream was so thick that even putting another product on was going to leave me looking like Severus Snape for sure. I hacked it by thinning it down to a more liquid form with water and it worked just as well as my usual R120 styling cream. It mixes well with other products, if you’re into that vibe (no white residue) and defined my curls, holding it’s own as well. I sealed with a light oil and I was good to go. This product has some serious potential as it can work for type 3 and 4 hair. The heavier texture means it won’t cause too much shrinkage, but definitely go easy if you prefer volume “:) I feel it’s important to note that I smelled exactly like a drink with a paper umbrella in the best way, which made other people feel like happy hour was closer, which made everyone happy.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply