Review Detail

4.5 7 0.5
Oils and Gels April 29, 2014 293
Dark & Lovely Amla Oil of 7 Wonders
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The Amla Legend range of products from Dark & Lovely have proven to be very popular. Well, with me, at least. Just as with the rest of the range, the first thing that makes me smile about this Oil of 7 Wonders is the lovely scent. Because I had never used an oil such as this one, I looked at the directions for use and they turned out to be a bit confusing for me.

The directions indicated that you can use the the oil by, Applying directly to wet hair, add some to your regular hair conditioner or for use in a hot oil treatment. At no point do they indicate how much you should use. And so, On my first application to wet hair, I put way too much. I'm not sure how much i put because I squirted it directly to my hair (silly me) and did not squirt a bit on my hands then apply to my hair, as i probably should have.

Anyway, My hair was not greasy looking, but looked very much ''alive'' for the next few days. Since I do not know how to do a hot oil treatment, I have not done one using this oil. I have not added the oil of 7 wonders to any conditioner because I'm a fan of 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner and I'm not sure if it would work out well if I added the oil to it.

So, for now, I will only apply a couple of R5 coin sized amounts to wet hair after washing it.

The oil is fantastic for those with dry and brittle hair, as well as those with course hair. My hair is easier to comb, even a few days after applying the Oil of 7 wonders.

It's not the best product on the market based on the fact that I don't know how to use it to its full potential. But it smells great and helps give your hair a boost.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
April 29, 2014
Anything which contains Amla oil makes a good hot oil hair treatment, simply warm up some oil in a bowl over boiling water and allow it to be warm, massage it gently into scalp and cover with a warm towel for around 15 to 20 minutes. I leave mine overnight though. And wash hair the next day :)
P
PriyaNunkumar
April 30, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

oh waw! thanks a lot for this. It seems simple enough. I will give it a try :-)
S
sharonkariwo
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply