Review Detail

4.2 4 0.5
Eye Creams,Serums June 13, 2016 317
Clinique Pep-start Eye Cream
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream comes in a 15ml tube which contains quite abit of product seeing that you would only use a small amount, it is a 100% fragrance free and suitable for all skin types. I like the packaging, it is a bright orange plastic tube with a see through lid.  It has a ball applicator which you open by popping the ball tip up, squeeze a small amount of the product onto the ball tip and roll onto the eye area. There are instructions on the side of the box showing how to pop the ball tip.

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream claims to instantly brighten and hydrate eyes and give you a wide awake refreshed look in just three seconds. This is what really got me excited about this product, who doesn't want refreshed wide awake looking eyes in just three seconds especially for those days when you did not get much sleep and need to be up bright and early.

The instruction pamphlet instructs that you can apply the cream as often as you like as you would "crave the cool touch and de-puffing tip". I have been using the eye cream as I would any other eye cream by applying it twice a day in the morning and at night. The ball applicator does not work so well, you can not use it to roll the product onto your eye area and the ball is quite big and does not have any movement so I have not experienced any de-puffing tip and effect. I also expected to get a rush or cooling effect when applying the cream as this is the only way that your eyes will feel refreshed and this is what the product states but to my disappointment there was no cooling effect and I did not have a wide awake refreshed feeling in just three seconds, unfortunately no fireworks there ?.

But on the up side the cream is smooth and hydrating. I do like the bright packaging and the popping of the ball applicator is different. The cream is very hydrating and I found that I only need a small amount as it spreads quite easily. I find it better to apply using your finger tips as this gets the product properly absorbed into the skin rather than using the ball applicator as it does not spread the product evenly and does not get the product into the skin. After three weeks of use I did notice a little difference, my under eyes are much lighter and brighter but there is still puffiness.

I think the product would work better if the ball applicator was smaller and rotated and if there was really a cooling effect. But overall I really like the eye cream itself, it is not harsh on my skin and I have seen a change, I would definitely recommend it and would probably purchase it.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
PicsArt_07-28-01.23.13.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply