3.3 1 0.5
Clarins1.png
Eyeshadows January 23, 2014 131
Everything you need for a "Splendour" ed summer in one compact
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I literally did a little happy dance when I discovered this beautiful compact in my parcel from BB last year just before Christmas. Christmas had definitely come early! The compact is so beautiful and even the print on the eyeshadows is just so stunning that you almost don't want to ruin it by using them, but of course you have to! The compact has an amber coloured lid, with what looks almost like a sundial on the lid. It is protected by a little velvet pouch and also comes with a little card to suggest how you can use the different shades. I found the applicators very useful and of good quality, especially the eyeliner one. I found the intense plum eyeliner very flattering to my grey/blue eyes and quite easy to apply, moreso when wet than dry though. When you apply it dry, it looks great but does sometimes crumble a little. It has a gel liner type texture, so I don't know why that is the case, but when applied a little wet and left to set for a few seconds, it looks fantastic.
Of all the shades I love the pale gold the best as I can just use that on its own for a wide eyed day-time look and then add on the other shades going in to night time.
I definitely felt like I needed a primer with these eyeshadows though, as they do tend to crease towards the end of the day without one. This especially true when it's so hot! That said, this palette is perfect for summer. It has just the right amount of shimmer to look amazing with a bit of the tan, but not too much that you look like a disco ball.
Sadly, this palette doesn't travel very well. I took it on holiday with me and the shadows have gone a little crumbly. Its not too bad, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.
On the whole, this is a really awesome palette and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply