Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.8 2 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils June 12, 2012 146
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received a sample of Clarin's new Instant Definition Mascara in the limited edition Stuttafords Glossybox. I've been using the mascara for just over a week now and am finally at a point where I can review the mascara.

I was quite intrigued by the design of the wand. The tip of the wand has ribber bristles and the rest of the wand has traditional bristles. In theory a person is suppose to use the traditional wand to apply the mascara to the lashes and then use the tip of the wand to separate and define each lash.

The traditional bristles work well at coating each lash with the mascara. The formula is relatively thick but nice and smooth. I personally did not need to use the tip of the wand to separate my lashes as they already were beautifully defined.

When using the rubber tip of the wand I found that it actually caused my lashes to stick together - not exactly what I'd hoped for. I think this is because a lot of formula collects on tip of the wand. I've played around with the wand but I have not found it to be all that useful or effective. But it could be that I just don't know how to use it properly. I give this mascara a 3 for effectiveness because the tip of the wand was not useful to me at all and did not work for me and because this mascara is marketed based on that tip being the selling point it doesn't deserve a higher score. But the main brush deserves at least a 4 out of 5.

The mascara lasts well throughout the day and washes off easily with some face wash and warm water.

My Verdict
At R215 I don't think this is any better than other mascaras I have used that are half the price and I definitely don't think I will purchase a full size. The formula is very good though, which is what you expect from a brand like Clarins.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply