4.5 22 0.5
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion
Cleansers,Toners,Washes July 21, 2014 634
Cetaphil for dry skin
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

1st off, I was so so SO thrilled when I received the message stating that I was chosen for the Cetaphil review club.

As we just entered winter, my skin had been so dry and dehydrated and I had dry patches around my nose. I also had a few breakouts. And overall I was not happy with the condition of my skin.

Using facial wash containing salicylic acid to get rid of my pimples was my skins worst nightmare! But it's the only thing that helped clear it up.

I was sent the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion, DailyAdvance Lotion and UVA/UVB Defense Sunscreen. All suited for my skin type, and that is dry and acne-prone. All products are suitable for even the most sensitive skins.

Cetaphil cleansers will effectively cleanse your skin without irritating and over drying. 

And Cetaphil moisturisers will hydrate and protect skin without clogging your pores.

So let's jump into my thoughts and feelings on the Cetaphil range.

Honestly,  I was completely blown away when I opened my package. I couldn't stop smiling and I was so excited I could just scream!

1st of all it was bigger and heavier than I'd expected. It came in a lovely travel cosmetic bag. And the products were HuUUGe! 

I was also expecting 2 products instead of 3. Boy was I was pleasantly surprised!

Goes without saying that I was super excited and could not wait to try them out. 

So I used these products for about a month before writing my review,  that way I feel I've given them a fair chance. See if they agree with my skin and continue to do as they claim. So here is my honest opinions.

Let's start with the cleanser. 

Available in 3 sizes, I have the largest 1 which also comes with a pump. Super easy to use especially when you're in the shower, you won't have bottles slipping from your hands.

It's almost like a gel cream consistency and doesn't foam up. Has a light, almost medicated scent, but is definitely not bothersome. 

1 pump gives you a sufficient amount for your entire face.

I love everything about this cleanser. It is so versatile. You can use it as a makeup remover before cleansing, or just as a dry cleanser.

And even though it is so gentle, it does an amzing job at cleansing. I for 1, don't remove my makeup before cleansing and this gets everything off, even waterproof mascara! And if it gets into my eyes, it doesn't irritate it like most eye makeup removers do.

After rinsing off, my skin feels clean and soft. No more tightness, like with other cleansers, even those that claim to hydrate your skin. 

The secret with Cetaphil is that the cleanser leaves a thin layer over your skin and locks in moisture. Awesome!

After drying my face I move onto the moisturiser. This is heaven in a (huge) tube. Its so big its actually funny. What's even more funnier is that I carry this big thing in my handbag! My sister laughed at me when she saw me pulling it out 1 day.

Moving on.... This is by far thee best moisturiser I have ever used.

My skin literally feels buttery soft after applying and doesn't wear off. If I apply it at night, when I wake up in the morning, my skin feels the same way it did when I went to sleep.

Comes in a large tube of 226g and a flip top cap.

It's a lightweight lotion that gets absorbed quite quickly and isn't greasy. 

This came as a godsend. My skin was so dehydrated my makeup looked patchy and just nasty after a few hours. Within just a few days of using Cetaphil, those dry patches were gone, moisture was restored and my skin was glowing! And I don't mean shining as if I slathered on some vaseline haha.

I also use the DailyAdvance Lotion on my hands during the day and on my feet before bed and even Hubsy has commented on the difference Lol *blush*

Another thing, I noticed my 10 month old baby girls cheeks often gets pink and dry during the colder days and so I use this on her face as well. I do definitely notice the difference and now I no longer need to reapply lotion to her face during the day.

And this really proves how gentle this cream really is.

And lastly, the UVA/UVB defense sunscreen. It has a whopping SPF 50 so it provides adequate protection for your skin. There are some things I dont like about it..

1. is that it is quite thick, and therefore takes a long time to blend in and get absorbed by my skin.

2. It also tends to leave behind a grey cast if not blended in properly. 

3. And lastly, I don't reall mind this but I highly doubt oily skinned people would be too happy about, is that it does leave behind a bit of shine. 

What really stands out to me and is absolutely true is Cetaphil's motto:

"Recommended by Dermatologists But see for Yourself" 

The results speak for themselves. 

Once you use Cetaphil, you will never turn back! Well atleast I'm not.

Some people might be concerned that it's a pricey range, but let me tell you, it is sooo worth it because these will last me for quite some time. As I mentioned, they are Huuuge!

My ratings: 

Gentle Cleansing Lotion (10 / 10)

DailyAdvance Lotion ( 10 / 10 )

UVA/ UVB Defense Sunscreen ( 7 / 10)

Thank you Beauty Bulletin for giving me the opportunity to experience this wonderful set of skincare products. I will be raving about it forever!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply