4.5 22 0.5
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion
Cleansers,Toners,Washes July 21, 2014 634
No More Bad Skin Days with
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I'd like to think that I have my skin under control, but some days, it seems like my skin is all over the place. As a teenager, I used to really struggle with my skin, to the point where I had to get antibiotics from my doctor to keep my skin under control. With age, my skin got better, but it is by no means in perfect condition. In fact, I bear many scars from my younger days and picking my skin. I often get one or two pimples around that time of the month these days. These horrifyingly, large pimples are often extremely painful and using face wash seemed to irritate it more.

After hearing a lot of good things about Cetaphil from international beauty bloggers and vloggers, I was keen to try the Cetaphil Range. I received the Gentle Cleansing Lotion, UVA/UVB Defence SPF 50+ and the Intensive Moisturising Cream.

The first thing I have noticed about the Gentle Cleansing Lotion is that there was no smell whatsoever. The white-ish formula felt gentle on my skin and it didn't burn or irritate my skin at all. I loved that my skin didn't feel dry or like cracking after I have rinsed it and my skin still felt squeaky clean. After day 3, I noticed visible changes in my skin. My skin started to clear up and I do not know if it was just my imagination, or not, but my blemishes were less. I also noticed that I didn't get one pimple during that time of the month. BONUS!! The bottle itself is also really big and a little goes a long way, therefore the price you pay is totally reasonable, think about R40 per month on quality face wash. What a bargain.

After washing my face, I followed up with the UVA/UVB Defence SPF50+ during teh day time. Unlike any other sunscreen I have tried, my face didn't feel oily or shiny at all, and teh product doesn't have that "distinct" sunscreen smell. The product absorbed quickly and left my skin looking and feeling matte. I followed up with my normal daily makeup routine and my makeup lasted the entire day. The sunscreen didn't make my makeup slide all over my face.

At night, I used the Intensive Moisturising Lotion and my skin felt noticeably smoother and softer. With the harsh winters we have here in JHB, I love to cover my face in moisturiser before bed and wake up with soft skin.

I really love the Cetaphil products and I do feel that my skin is in a better state because of it. I love that my skin is visibly clearer and softer. No more bad skin days. As soon as my products are finished, I will run to the nearest Dis-chem and stock up on these skin savers.

GG
Top 500 Reviewer 13 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply