Review Detail

3.6 22 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays July 10, 2014 784
CATRICE PRIME&FINE ANTI-RED BASE
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was looking for a primer since using MAC's - obviously stopped purchasing because of the price after becoming more budget savvy (:

I purchased this product from Dischem after reading the reviews on here and the great price. My face has a slight red tinge to it which I can not stand, it really isn't that bad - but you know when something bothers you but no one else sees it?! Well it's like that... Unfortunately it doesn't do much for the redness but works ok as a primer.

ALSO it has a shimmer to it. I apply it after my moisturizer, before my foundation. The foundation takes away some of the shimmer but I'd prefer no shimmer at all. For that reason I won't purchase the Anti-Red Base again, but I'll try the Pore Refining Anti Shine one! Why not!

It applies smoothly but not as silicone'y as I know MAC's to be. But it absorbs nicely, I sometimes apply twice. My pores do look smaller which I love. That's why I'll try the Pore Refining Anti Shine one which I hope will help a bit with my oily skin, although I think this one does to some extent too.

Great primer as a budget choice; it refined my pores slightly but no luck reducing redness.
CE
Top 1000 Reviewer 12 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply