Review Detail

3.6 22 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays July 10, 2014 804
CATRICE PRIME AND FINE PORE REFINING ANTI SHINE BASE
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I've been looking for a primer for quite some time now but the only primers I have been seeing are super expensive and I was on a strict budget so had to look for a more affordable option .

I was walking around Dischem looking for an affordable primer I could test out and came across the Catrice Prime And Fine Pore Refining Anti Shine Base. This Catrice primer which only retails for about R80 which is quite affordable in comparison with other primers like Smashbox or Revlon.

I was a bit surprised when I squeezed out some of the product and found that it wasn't a silky silicon formula that I know most primers have , the Catrice primer looks like an ordinary moisturiser with a white creamy substance . I squeezed out a tiny drop of the primer and rubbed it well in to my skin.

My first impressions:
In this instance what you pay for is really what I got. This primer just didn't give me the flawless celebrity look I was hoping for, it did however leave my face with a matte finish. honestly I really didn't see it make much of a difference besides leaving my face matte , it didn't do what a primer should do which is to make my foundation last longer.

I expected much more from Catrice as I know they have amazing quality products that so many others have raved about.
This primer just didn't work for me. I do think it might work better with someone who has bigger pores to help prevent it from being so noticeable and for someone who suffers from oily skin and not dry skin like I do.

Atleast I wasn't too disappointed with the money I wasted on buying this primer because it didn't cost too much, still sad that this didn't work for me though. Hopefully other Catrice primers would do a better job, I personally wont be repurchasing the Catrice Prime And Fine Pore Refining Anti base

?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
November 06, 2014
such a pity! I was thinking of giving this a try because most primers are too expensive for my budget!
D
Des1234
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply