Review Detail

4.7 3 0.5
Foundations September 17, 2013 284
Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was actually looking to buy Bourjois' Healthy Mix foundation when I walked into Clicks, but unfortunately they didn't have my shade, so I picked up the 1,2,3 Perfect foundation instead out of curiosity. I probably should be wearing the lightest shade (51) at the moment, but seeing as summer is coming, I thought it best to go for 52 for maximum wear. I did note that the shade selection ran on the lighter side unfortunately.

This foundation claims to use colour correcting pigments: yellow to conceal darkness, mauve to correct dullness and green to neutralize redness. The bottle also claims that the product provides 24 hour hydration, lasts 16 hours and contains a SPF of 10.

As far as colour correcting goes, I prefer to use a concealer first to cover up under-eye circles, so I wasn't expecting this foundation to do anything there. I did find that it made redness less noticeable and my skin looked nice and healthy. The product didn't feel "heavy" on my face like lots of medium-coverage products do. I applied the rather runny foundation (which, thankfully, comes in a pump bottle so there's no mess or wasted product) to my skin with clean finger tips before blending in with my UBU foundation brush.

The one thing that I don't really like about this foundation is that I have to wear a primer in certain areas otherwise it sinks into pores and accentuates them. But then I do have some pretty huge pores on and around my nose.

I have been using this foundation on and off for about 3 weeks (alternating with a BB cream for "good skin days") and haven't experienced any breakouts in that time.

Like 99% of foundations, the long-wear claims are greatly over exaggerated (on my skin, anyway). I'd say that at a stretch, this product looked decent on my skin for 10 hours, not 16. I do my makeup normally at around 7am, and by the end of the work day my skin is still covered but it definitely doesn't look as great as earlier in the day (and that's with wearing a primer). If you've got a hot date and you want to look your best, you'll probably want to do some touch-ups come evening time. As for the "24 hour moisturising" claim - well, it doesn't make your skin feel dry when it's on. That's about it.

In summary, if you are looking for a foundation that does a decent job at colour correcting and creating the illusion of even skin, while still feeling lightweight, it's worth giving Bourjois' 1,2,3 Perfect Foundation a try.
L
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
September 20, 2013
This is my favourite foundation out of the cheaper (drugstore) ones. I was devastated when it left Edgars. Didn't realize Clicks stocks Bourjois now! Which Clicks has it?
K
Kiki
October 10, 2013
In reply to an earlier comment

I got mine from the Tygervalley store.
Currently they are in at least the following stores, with plans to move into more very soon:
Johannesburg – Hyde Park and Carnival Mall
Western Cape – Canal Walk, Cape Gate, Tableview, N1 City, Cavendish and Somerset Mall.
L
laurajane0103
March 04, 2014
Will sure look out for it...
N
Nomahlubi02
3 results - showing 1 - 3

Leave a Reply