Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Nail Care, Treatments May 02, 2013 314
Menthol Ice cool leg and foot spray
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Aaahh Alas, another impulsive R15.00 purchase made from that clever Dischem sales team. I purchased this cooling foot spray when I purchased the same brands Mud Face Mask. I have to say though that a mere R15 does this no justice. I am devastated to find that mine is almost finished and its now back to R39.95 at Dischem :)

I love wearing the trendiest of pumps, peep-toed shoes and closed wedges and tend to shy away from strappy sandals. This means on a regular campus-filled day, my feet are en-closed. Also working weekends in promotions often means the legendary “black pumps look”. This is all fine and comfortable until its time to head home and I’m left with hot, stuffy and tired feet. I suffer from eczema under my feet so am very sensitive to many products. This spray however, did not irritate or affect my skin but left my feet cool, calmed and smelling great.

The bottle is white with an aqua green/blue label and writing. It did not come in a box but the lid was plastic sealed to the bottle. The bottle is a chubby in size and boasts a clear lid; through the lid a white spray applicator can be seen. The front label has a pair of “green coloured’ feet. I’m assuming the green, aqua colour collaboration was chosen to tie in with the menthol scent this wonderful spray delivers. The product is made in Italy and so has Italian instructions, but not to worry, as its exported Internationally it carries many other languages including English. The spray applicator is easy to use and doesn’t clog either. The spray is clear and has the same consistency of sprayed water on skin. The formula is safe to use over polished toes as well, as it has never affected the quality of my Pedicure, whether it be nail varnish, gel or gelish.

The smell is amazing and instantly refreshes your legs, feet as well as the mind. It’s a very strong mint scent that calms oneself. The spray is cool on application and dries almost instantly. It deodorises and regenerates tired feet and legs whilst achieving a fresh sense of well-being. The directions are simple too; Spray as required over feet and legs. I even use the spray in my shoes after use and then leave them to air in sunlight; this ensures that the next time I plan on using that shoe it already smells clean and fresh. For being an un-known brand it seems to have all their bases covered; the product is dermatologically tested and also being animal friendly. It states that the product is not tested on animals.

For the price I paid, for a 100ml, I’d say it was definitely worth the spend, even though at the time it felt like a waste of money. It goes to show that even the cheapest or simple of looking products can achieve results that most luxury brands do not. I have to re-assure myself that paying the full R39.95 is not too bad either as the spray lasts a good 2-3 months and smells fantastic. I’ve gotten so accustomed to this refreshing minty scent that I don’t see another product coming close to my soles anytime soon.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply