Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 1 0.5
Salon Treatments August 24, 2012 261
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The lady who did my hair works out of her own home. She has a very beautiful home, offers you refreshments and she is very talkative + a little quirky :p. The atmosphere is very relaxed, she told me that some clients even bring their own bottles of wine! To begin with the negatives: This was very expensive to have done, however I did compare prices to other salons such as Carlton and found it is actually much, much cheaper - in some cases by at least R1000. For me at least, it was painful! I've heard that having hair sewn in can be painful but I can tell you that this bonding method definitely was. I had quite a few put in as my hair is very thick - my head was sore for about 2 days afterwards. And as it always is when you have your hair done, it is time consuming. I had the bonds set in place, she blended, gave me a trim and styled my hair in I believe it was 3 hours, so you can imagine how long maintenance and a dye job might take! The positives: She tells me the hair has a live time of four years so it is well worth the investment. I treat this hair exactly as I do my own and she encourages you to do so! You can dye this hair, use heat on it, let it air-dry - whatever you like. The only change I have made is I do not use shampoos with alcohol ingredients as it can weaken the bonds (after you have your hair done she will mail you a pamphlet on how to care for your new hair). They are so much more versatile than clip-in extensions! I've had clip-in extensions make my head sore and it can be difficult to hide the tracts when you want to pull your hair up. It has been a huuuugeee confidence boost and now I wouldn't want to be without them. I've had mine in for a month so far and will let you know if any changes occur. I hope this helps some of you and erases some of the horror stories you hear about bonded extensions :)
Owner's reply August 24, 2012

I should also add that she asks for half the money up front so she can order your hair extensions. It then takes her a couple days to receive them. After she has finished bonding your hair, you pay the rest :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply