Review Detail

4.2 3 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays October 09, 2011 157
Black Up Matifying Base
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

As someone who experiences an oily shine on my T-panel by about midday every day,I am always on the lookout for products that can help to minimise this. I prefer not to use a matte finish foundation as I find this very ageing (I love a nice dewy glow), but I hate looking like an oil slick by noon!

This primer has a far thicker consistency than I anticipated, so initially I used far too much. You really only need a little bit of this product to cover the whole face. It glides on smoothly and has a lovely silky silicone texture. Foundation applies beautifully over this. The only slight issue that I had was that I normally apply my foundation with my fingers, but I found that applied this way over the matifying base did not give great results - I could see definite patches of foundation on my skin. So I tried applying my foundation with a sponge and this worked perfectly. I got a really smooth application and my foundation stayed where it was all day! I had a very slight shine by late afternoon but nothing like I normally have, and certainly not anything that anyone else would have noticed - I was just being super critical.

An extra note on this product: I battle with very oily eyelids so eye make-up is always a challenge for me. It tends to crease and smudge within just a few hours of me applying it. I have had some success with using cream eyeshadows, but I have so many beautiful powder eyeshadows that I just don't get to use. I decided to experiment with this matifying base on my eyelids and I am incredibly impressed with the results. Even on a scorching Cape Town day my eye shadow is still perfectly in place, 6 hours after I applied it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply