Review Detail

4.3 4 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes August 26, 2014 503
Worth the rather hefty price
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

At first I was rather hesitant to shell out almost R200 for in essence, a cup of water. When I used this for the first time I had purposefully worn quite a bit of makeup to see how this would work. The ingredients in the bottle do not scream traditional makeup remover, so I was rather sceptical when I started applying the product to the cotton wool.

I started running the cotton ball across my face and found that it easily removed the BB cream and blush on my face. But the true test was on my eyes, the eyeshadow came off incredibly easily but for the real test - the mascara - it came off rather easily. After 3 passes with the cotton wool the mascara was completely off. I tried this on waterproof mascara, but because this is water based, it does not remove the waterproof mascara easily. You do need to let the cotton balls rest on your eyes for a bit in order to remove the mascara easily. But this method does work.

After removing my makeup my face felt freshly washed with absolutely no sticky feeling. This is perfect for people who are in a rush or are too tired to remove their makeup, within a short while your face is perfectly clean and you can jump straight into bed.

The main reason why I have grown to like this product is that it does not irritate my eyes at all. With other makeup remover products I worry about getting the product in my eyes and they leave my skin feeling sticky aferwards - which makes me wash my face afterwards so it's an additional step I do not need because I hardly wear makeup, so washing my face is usually enough. This makeup remover is very gentle on my skin and doesn't irritate my eyes at all.

R149 for 250ml makes this seem rather pricey, but a bottle will probably last me at least 2 months. To me the cost is not too unreasonable because it does save me from having to use face wash at times (when I am too lazy to wash my face).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply