Review Detail

4.6 151 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams September 18, 2019 1747
An Overall Positive Experience
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

My experience with the gel was generally positive, I used the gel once or twice everyday as well as touching up my hands throughout the day. The gel is extremely potent, so you only need to use a small amount which means that it lasts longer.

I suffer from eczema and as a result of medications and creams that I need to apply, I am left with dry, scaly skin that is difficult to manage. I used the Dry Skin Gel on my face, arms, legs, hands and as a lip oil when needed. I could tell after a few days of using the gel that is was having a positive effect on the skin on my legs, arms and hands, I am not having a problem with scaly elbows and legs anymore and the dry patches on my hands as a result of eczema have improved drastically.

Using the gel on my face seemed slightly risky, I have combination skin so my forehead and chin are oily whereas the centre of my face is very dry. It worked well on my face and left my skin feeling supple, young and smooth but further down the timeline of testing I ran into a few problems.

First of all, using the product on my lips and around my mouth caused me to break out constantly, the oil seemed to be too intense for that area of my face. Secondly, on the container itself it states that it should not be used on "broken skin", which is understandable as oils slow down the healing process. However, I did not account for the effect that exfoliating might have before applying the gel. It did begin to irritate my skin and cause redness, but that could because of a combination of factors.

Nonetheless, when I didn't exfoliate my skin, it worked like a dream – especially under makeup. You must let the product settle into your skin fully before applying your makeup as most foundations are water based and simply don't stay on the skin when mixed with gel.

I will definitely keep using this product and I highly recommend it for anyone who suffers with dry skin.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
H
5 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply