Review Detail

3.8 39 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils June 12, 2015 811
Good but not great
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I recently bought a Benefit Advent calendar that had small deluxe samples of their many award winning products and in it came the They're Real mascara. The full size product retails for about R300+- and the deluxe sample for about R145+-...I would suggest buying the sample before full on splurging a lot of money on the full size.

The wand is plastic and has an array of spikes on it (gentle spikes! ) On the tip, has a rounded bit that also has the same spike texture but now pointing forwards ,so you can reach those really tough inner corners , outer and lower.

I like the mascara, NOT love. It does the job of darkening the lashes and making them more visible. It does not volumise. It does lengthen the lashes but I wouldn't say to the extent of making them look like false lashes , which is what the products is said to do.

I must say that the wand separates the eyelashes really good and the big PRO is that it really does not budge of your eyelashes. It is so long wearing especially on my oily eyelids which usually cause all eye make up to smudge. This would be great for those long evenings out ,where you do not want to worry if your mascara is flaking everywhere and making your eyelashes look spidery.

I know myself , along with the other BB's can agree that this stuff is a bit of a mission to get off. They do sell the They're Real Makeup Remover, but I haven't tried mine as yet as I've used the Garnier Miscellar water and it helps to break down the formula delicately to remove.

So would I say go out and buy it? Maybe. If you lashes are short, try this as you might like the mild lengthening properties. BUT there are many dupes on the market , that may do a better job.

I wouldn't repurchase as I'm looking for a mascara to volumise instead of lengthen.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply