Review Detail

3.8 39 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils June 12, 2015 830
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Macara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I feel like I am possibly the only person in the world that hasn't tried this mascara up until now. I received a sample in a goodie bag at an event I attend and just about did a dance of joy when I saw it. I have been following the hype since the cosmetics range became available in July again and have just not had the heart to spend the money on the rather expensive mascara when there are some other really amazing and affordable ones out there that I would rather try first.

So here is my take on it. The packaging on the sample is very stylish and it looks like it's going to take my breath away when I open it. It's slightly different to the average black mascara casing you mostly find.

When I opened it up my heart sank a little because I am not a fan of the plastic type mascara brush that is attached to many wands these days. I have tried many over the years and they are said to create a fuller and more curled lash and because I have virtually no lashes this always draws me to them but I am always disapointed. I really do prefer a good old brush when it comes to mascara. Plastic brushes are not stable and the control on the wand is very poor. The only plus side to me on this particular wand is the extra bristles at the end which allows you to get into tiny corners and do the bottom lashes nicely.

What I want from mascara is a lengthening, curling and thickening effect. I honestly don't fell this mascara gave me any of those besides just a little bit of volume maybe. What I do like about it though is that it doesn't dry your lashes out and doesn't seem to smudge too much. I also didn't get that dreaded imprint on my top lid like I do with others. Also it only really takes one good coat because it is a very nice deep black. It does build nicely without clumping which is always a bonus. I also found that it separates my lashes really well which is something I like a lot.

So after testing it out for myself and knowing the result I get from it, and the fact that it has a plastic brush, as well as it being really pricey I doubt I will buy it again in a full size when there are so many other great mascaras far more affordable that give an even better result to my own lashes. I will recommend it to others though because it is a nice dark, easily build-able and non drying formula that lasts. Other people must like the plastic brush or they wouldn't keep making them and so I say if you like that kind of thing and don't expect miracles from your mascara that you might truly like this one.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
C
Top 500 Reviewer 14 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply