Review Detail

3.5 2 0.5
Concealers November 01, 2011 137
Benefit - Confessions of a Concealaholic Kit
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I got this kit for my Birthday. I was super excited to receive this. This kit is really amazing and contains some of Benefits best products. The only negative thing I can say about this kit is that the erase paste only comes in medium. This blends in ok with my skin tone but having the light one would have been ideal.

The erase paste is very creamy and blends in very well to the skin. It really does erase dark circles. It is a bit orange for my light skin but like I said it does blend into the skin. It doesn't cake and has pretty good lasting power. It offers a bit of brightening for the under eye area but nothing extremely noticeable.

The Boi-ing concealers are amazing. They cover up pimples like nothing I've ever used before. The texture and consistency is perfect. I don't really like this concealer for under the eye as it gets a bit cakey if worn over erase paste. But for pimples its perfect. It definitely is industrial strength.

“That Gal” brightening face primer is a pink primer. I don't think it works very effectively when you wear it under foundation. But if you put it on the cheekbones after foundation it definitely creates a glow. This isn't incredible and does lack a bit in the radiance department but if applied after makeup it has more of an effect.

Eye bright instant eye brightener is a pinky-lilac colour brightener that is applied to the inner and outer eye corners. I like using this instead of a light eye shadow in the corners. It creates a nice wide-open eye look and makes you look very refreshed. I really love using this.

Lemon aid colour correcting eyelid primer is amazing. I'm addicted to this stuff. I've even changed the way I do my eye makeup cause of this primer. I have very pale skin so my eye lids are red with loads of veins. This conceals them so perfectly. My eye shadow even applies more smoothly and looks better after using this. Probably my fave thing in this kit, besides Boi-ing.

This kit also comes with double-sided concealer brushes and a step-by-step lesson book. It's all prettily packaged and glossy. This is a fabulous gift for someone and has all the requirements to conceal and brighten your face. I use this every day and now I can't imagine my makeup routine without it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
November 01, 2011
When i saw the packaging of this product i so wanted to buy it! But i didn't have dark circles back then (now i have them slightly after a year long of honours torture) so I couldn't justify the price =/ i bought hoola bronzer and high beam instead tho :)
K
kikobunny0102
November 01, 2011
In reply to an earlier comment

I was lucky to receive this as a birthday gift cause I also wouldn't be able to spend that cash. But it's actually not bad considering all you get in the kit. I love high beam, it's one of my fave highlighters. Looks gorgeous on pale skin. :)
C
csj16
April 03, 2012
I have been desperate to try the kit... I always pick it up and then put it back not being able to justify that price tag. I am so happy to get all this feedback from you, you really make it sound worth the money.

Just one question though, how long has it lasted you roughly?
C
Cullingworth
April 03, 2012
In reply to an earlier comment

I received this as a gift on my birthday (14 October) and 'm still using it (April 3). I haven't hit pan with any of the products. Still full. The erase paste barely has a dent in it. This is a fantastic kit. I use it almost every day.
C
csj16
4 results - showing 1 - 4

Leave a Reply